Here is what security misconfiguration means?
Attackers will often attempt to exploit unpatched flaws or access default accounts, unused pages, unprotected files and directories, etc to gain unauthorized access or knowledge of the system. In this post, you will see the example of unauthorized knowledge of the system.
Security Misconfiguration Example
This morning, I was checking the Upwork.com when I saw this message when I tried to login. Take a look at exceptions and stack trace.
Using the above, I could extract some of the following information in relation to software stack used for building Upwork and design one or more attack vector for hacking purpose.
- Java is used in the backend
- Jetty server looks to be used
- Netflix Hystrix is used for latency and fault tolerance
- Usage of some of the following jar files
- Linear Regression vs Logistic Regression: Differences - December 1, 2023
- 6 Types of Brainstorming Techniques for Ideas Generation - December 1, 2023
- Python – How to Create Scatter Plot with IRIS Dataset - December 1, 2023