This page represents practice test consisting of objective questions and answers on Kubernetes. This practice test covers the topic such as Pod Lifecycle. The practice test can prove to be very helpful if you are preparing to take Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification examination in near future. It covers the Core Concepts from CKA certification exam syllabus.
Those preparing for interviews in relation with Kubernetes or cloud-native apps would also find these questions to be useful enough. These questions can as well prove to be useful for interns / freshers / beginners.
Revision Notes – Kubernetes Concepts (Pod Lifecycle)
- A Pod status field is a PodStatus object which has got phase field.
- The phase of the pod is a simple, high-level summary of where the Pod is in its lifecycle
- Kubelet invokes following probe handlers to check some of the following:
- In case a diagnostic probe failed to execute, the status returned is Unknown and not Failure
- Liveness probe is used to indicate whether a container is running.
- Readiness probe needs to be specified if the requirement is to send traffic to a Pod only when a probe succeeds.
- Liveness probe needs to be specified if the requirement is kill and restart the container if a probe fails
- Probes are executed by Kubelet
- The possible values of restartPolicy are Always, OnFailure, Never.
- restartPolicy refers to restart of the container by the kubelet on same node.
- Pods with succeeded and failed for more than some duration will expire and be automatically destroyed
- Controller, DaemonSet, can be used to create/manage Pods which need to run one per machine.
- Controller, Job, can be used to create/manage Pods with restartPolicy as OnFailure or Never
- Controller, ReplicationController, can be used to create/manage Pods that are not expected to terminate, for example, web servers, e.g., ReplicationController are appropriate for Pods with restartPolicy of Always.
Practice Test – Kubernetes Concepts (Pod Lifecycle)
A Pod _________ field is an object which has got _______ field
Which of the following is true for the phase of the Pod
Which of the following handler is invoked by Kubelet to check if a container's IP address is open
Which of the following probe handler is invoked by Kubelet to perform diagnostics on a container
Which of the following outcomes of invoking a diagnostic probe represents the fact that diagnostic failed to execute
Which of the following probe is used to indicate whether a container is running
If the requirement is to send traffic to a Pod only when a probe succeeds, _______ probe needs to be specified
LivenessProbe is executed by which of the following
If the requirement is kill and restart the container if a probe fails, _________ probe needs to be specified
Which of the following is not a possible value of restartPolicy of a container?
restartPolicy refers to restart of the container by the kubelet on _______ node.
It is possible to rebind a Pod to another node once it got bound to a node.
Pods can never be automatically destroyed
A Pod has a _______, which has an array of _________
Which of the following probe handler is invoked by kubelet to execute a command within a container
Pods with which of the following phase for more than some duration will expire and automatically destroyed?
Which of the following controller can be used to create/manage Pods which need to run one per machine
Which of the following controller can be used to create/manage Pods with restartPolicy as OnFailure or Never
Which of the following controller can be used to create/manage Pods with restartPolicy as Always
ReadinessProbe is executed by which of the following
Additional Practice Tests
These are additional practice tests which relates to core concepts part of CKA certification test. Note that as per syllabus, core concepts will cover 19% questions in CKA certification test.
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Python – How to Create Dataframe using Numpy Array - December 15, 2019
- Hypergeometric Distribution Explained with 10+ Examples - December 14, 2019
- Binomial Distribution with Python Code Examples - December 14, 2019