Following are the key points described later in this article:
- Top 5 Data Science News Websites – Recommended Daily Visit
- Top 5 Data Science News Websites – Recommended Regular Visit
Top 5 Data Science News Websites – Recommended Daily Visit
Following are top 5 websites which publishes news related with Data Science on daily basis (mostly). These could be seen as must visit websites/webpages for data science and you may want to bookmark to remain up-to-date with what’s happening in the area of data science.
- KDNuggets.com: My favorite website in relation with catching latest and greatest on data science. You get information related to all of the following at one place:
- General news
- Academic news related to upcoming data science courses, program in various universities across the globe
- Free datasets for one to download and practice
- News on meeting, conferences
If you want to go to a couple of websites daily and catchup on data science news, KDNuggets.com has to be one of them.
- Data Science/Machine Learning Sub-reddits: Following two sub-reddits are my regular visits and I make sure I have a look at them on daily basis.
- http://reddit.com/r/machinelearning provides links to articles on machine learning
- http://reddit.com/r/datascience provides links to articles on data science
These sub-reddits provide links to various webpages from different websites that includes informative articles as well as news. In addition, you have the flexibility of posting your queries in relation with machine learning and data science topics and hear back multiple answers from the sub-reddits visitors. I would recommend it as MUST-BOOKMARK. I rather access these sub-reddits from my mobile phone using Reddit app. So, if you have not downloaded the reddit app until now, please go ahead and do the same and get started.
- Google Alerts: Setting google alerts for keywords such as “machine learning” and “data science” could help you catchup on data science and machine learning news on daily basis. All you have to do is go to https://www.google.com/alerts and create alerts with those keywords mentioned above. Although they send only 10 alerts in your mail box, you could check out further pages by following the link, “See more results” that could be found within the alert mail. This is one of my regular must-check email in Gmail inbox.
- DataScience Central: Articles on DataScience Central can mostly be categorized as blog posts than the news. However, you do find news items as well. In their words, Data Science Central is the industry’s online resource for big data practitioners. From Analytics to Data Integration to Visualization, Data Science Central provides a community experience that includes a robust editorial platform, social interaction, forum-based technical support, the latest in technology, tools and trends and industry job opportunities. The site also has external links to some of the following websites:
- DataTau.com: DataTau.com is a social bookmarking site on data science topics, news etc. Although this looks very much like aggregation of data science links from various sources, I do visit the websites frequently to make sure that I have n’t missed on any interesting news/articles.
Top 5 Data Science News Websites – Recommended Regular Visit
Following are links to the pages which are updated on regular basis, in relation with Data Science news, if not on daily basis. However, you may want to check these pages on regular basis if not daily.
- InsideBigData.com: This website primarily publishes news in relation with Big Data. However, it is worth checking out their data science section once in a while.
- Computerworld.com: This is one of the top most online journal publishing news in relation with IT field in general. It may be good idea to check out their data science section on regular basis.
- VentureBeat.com: Venturebeat.com publishes news in relation with start-ups in general. The data science section publishes news in relation with data science/machine learning related startups. Worth check out on regular basis.
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- ML Models Confusion Matrix Explained with Examples - March 30, 2019
- Machine Learning Cheat sheet (Stanford) - March 23, 2019
- Machine Learning Models used in Facebook - March 3, 2019