This page represents practice test consisting of questions and answers on Kubernetes. This practice test covers the topic such as Kubernetes Services. The practice test can prove to be very helpful if you are preparing to take Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification examination in near future. It covers the Networking Concepts from CKA certification exam syllabus which can comprise of 11% questions in CKA certification exam.
Check out other question sets on this page, Kubernetes Certification Exam (CKA) Sample Questions Sets.
Revision Notes – Kubernetes concepts on Services
- A Kubernetes service is an abstraction which is used to define a logical set of pods.
- A Kubernetes service is assigned an IP address.
- In service spec definition, port refers to incoming port which is mapped to targetPort on Pod. By default, the value of targetPort is set to same value as port.
- targetPort can be a string, referring to the name of a port in the backend Pods.
- Kubernetes services support both TCP and UDP for protocols.
- A service can be defined without a label selector for some of the following reasons:
- Point to another service in another Namespace.
- Integrate with backends running outside of Kubernetes
- A service not defined without a label selector requires one of the following to happen:
- Define endpoint with an ip address and a port for connecting to external services
- Define ExternalName service which serves as a way to return an alias to an external service residing outside the cluster.
- Every node in a Kubernetes cluster runs an instance of kube-proxy and kubelet.
- Kube-proxy is responsible for implementing a form of Virtual IP for Services.
- In iptables mode, Kube-proxy installs iptables rules for capturing traffic to the Service’s virtual clusterIP and Port.
- Kube-proxy running in following modes supports following as load balancing algorithm
|Proxy modes||Load-balancing algorithm|
|IPVS||round-robin, least connection, source / destination hashing, shortest expected delay, never queue|
- Service supports exposing more than one port, say http(80), https(443).
Practice Test – Kubernetes Services
A Kubernetes _________ abstracts access to _______
A Kubernetes _______ is a logical grouping of ________ while _______ is a logical set of ______
A Kubernetes service does not have its own IP address.
A service always requires a label selector to be defined
In service spec definition, targetPort refers to _________
The targetPort when defined in Service spec can be both a number and a string
It is possible to use Kubernetes service to integrate with backends running outside of Kubernetes
Kubernetes services support _______ for protocols.
Defining a service without a selector can be achieved using which of the following
Every node in a Kubernetes cluster runs which of the following
Which of the following is responsible for implementing a form of Virtual IP for Services
Kube-proxy running in which of the following mode uses round-robin load-balancing algorithm, by default, for redirecting traffic to backend pod?
Kube-proxy running in which of the following mode uses random selection of Pods as load-balancing algorithm, by default, for redirecting traffic to the backend pod?
Multiple port definitions can be made for a Service
Additional Practice Tests
These are additional practice tests which relates to core concepts part of CKA certification test. Note that as per syllabus, core concepts will cover 19% questions in CKA certification test.
- Practice Test on introduction to Kubernetes
- Practice Test on Pods, Taints and Tolerations
- Practice Test on Container hooks / Pods
- Practice Test on Pod Lifecycle
Those preparing for interviews in relation to Kubernetes or cloud-native apps would also find these questions to be useful enough. These questions can as well prove to be useful for interns / freshers / beginners getting started with Kubernetes.
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- 15 Tricky DevOps Architect Interview Questions & Answers - October 18, 2018
- How to Start DevOps or DevSecOps in your Organization - October 18, 2018
- Data Science Team Structure – Roles & Responsibilities - October 17, 2018