- Install RPMBuild Package
- Instructions to Create RPMs
Install RPMBuild Package
- Make sure that rpmbuild exists. Type rpmbuild in command line and confirm that usage text appears.
- In case, rpmbuild does not exists, download it using command, “yum -y install rpm-build”
Instructions to Create RPMs
- Create a top level folder such as “rpmbuild” within home directory.
- Go to rpmbuild folder using command such as “cd rpmbuild”
- Create following folder within rpmbuild folder:
- Create a SPEC file with extension as *.spec under folder SPECS
- Execute following command from within rpmbuild folder:
rpmbuild --define "_topdir $(pwd)" --define "version 1.0" --define "release 0" -v -bb "$(pwd)/SPECS/"
Once the command, rpmbuild, results into success, one would find file with extension *.rpm within RPMS/noarch. One could then install the RPM package using commands such as following:
rpm -ivh <rpm_name>