- What are some of the common plots (commands) in R?
- Commonly Used Plot Parameters
What are some of the common plots (commands) in R?
Following represents some of the plots (commands) used in R language for different purposes. I shall be writing different blog on different use-cases where one should use one or more of the following plots:
Commonly Used Plot Parameters
Following are some of the commonly used parameters:
- main: “main” parameter is used to give the title for the plot
- ylim: “ylim” parameter is used to limit the numbers on the Y-axis. It is defined using following format: ylim=c(0,10) which sets the numbers on Y-axis starting from 0 going upto 10. The plots get adjusted accordingly.
- xlim: “xlim” parameter is used to limit the numbers on the X-axis. It is defined using following format: xlim=c(0,15) which sets the numbers on X-axis starting from 0 going upto 15. The plots get adjusted accordingly.
- las: Setting las=1 turns the numbers horizontally on the Y-axis.
- xlab: xlab=”Label X” sets the label of X-axis to “Label X”
- ylab: ylab=”Label Y” sets the label of Y-axis to “Label Y”
- col: col is used to set the color of the plotting points or line wherever applicable with different kind of plots. For example, col=2 sets the color as red. col=4 sets the color as blue. One could use additional attributes with col to change the color of title (col.main), labels (col.lab), axis points (col.axis)
- lwd: lwd is used to set the width of the line in the plots. The value could be 1,2,3,4,5 etc.
- cex: “cex” argument is used to change the size of the plotting characters. cex with further attributes could be used to change the size of title (cex.main), x and y-axis labels (cex.lab), x and y-axis (cex.axis) points etc.
- font: font command is used to change the font of title (font.main), labels (font.lab), axis (font.axis) etc.
For pie-charts, only “main” makes sense to be used.
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Neural Network Architecture for Text-to-Speech Synthesis - July 29, 2019
- Reverse Image Search using Deep Learning (CNN) - July 27, 2019
- Why Data Scientists Must Learn Statistics? - July 27, 2019