This blog represents top 9 reasons due to which one could still go with or choose or adopt Meteor JS to develop his/her next mobile app.
Higher Developers’ Productivity owing to Quicker Releases
Keeping in mind how quickly apps can be developed, tested and released, Meteor can still be preferred choice due to some of the following reasons:
- Ease of collaboration within team as developers have similar concerns to take care.
Great User Experience
Great user experience is key to retaining mobile apps users. The two key aspects of great user experience are real time updates and faster reads. One would need to write boilerplate code to achieve this along with QA/testing and bugs which adds to overall cost of app development. Meteor provides them out of box and thus, could be a strong reason for one to use Meteor to develop the mobile app.
- Real-time seamless and automatic updates between server and clients using technologies such as DDP, WebSockets/SockJS. Meteor apps leverage DDP to subscribe to one or more data source and get notifications based on whether data is added, updated or removed. This feature makes it very useful for mobile apps. This could be one reason why Meteor could still prove to be a better choice.
- In-memory cache (MiniMongo) backed by local storage with server sync over http. This allows for subscriptions to be stored in local cache and synced with server-side MongoDB whenever data changes on server side. This is very useful feature and supports faster reads without requiring a round-trip to server for subscription datasets. This feature makes it very useful for mobile apps. If used in appropriate manner, it makes a strong case for one to still continue with Meteor.
Robust Database Support
MongoDB is a web scale database. http://www.mongodb-is-web-scale.com/ Zoylo could easily flourish for sometime to come. Details could be found on this page. https://www.mongodb.com/mongodb-scale . Following is quick summary:
- Cluster Scale. Distributing the database across 100+ nodes, often in multiple data centers
- Performance Scale. Sustaining 100,000+ database read and writes per second while maintaining strict latency SLAs
- Data Scale. Storing 1 billion+ documents in the database
Mobile Platform Support
Support for mobile platforms (IOS, Android) with same codebase owing to the fact that it works very well with Cordova. This would make it easy to maintain releases for both the platforms.
Faster deployments when using Galaxy PAAS; Very critical when you are a startup company. It can be noted that Galaxy PAAS platform is built on robust underlying AWS cloud infrastructure (EC2 instances) and Docker (containers) technology.
Meteor Methods provides a great support for REST API integration with external servicesIntegration with popular JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Ionic etc
Built-in security support
Good package support from Meteor community
Easy to Create Quick Prototypes
In order to add/test new functionality with users, one could quickly prototype and release the features owing to the reasons mentioned above.
- Positively Skewed Probability Distributions: Examples - March 21, 2023
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation: Concepts, Examples - March 20, 2023
- Generative Modeling in Machine Learning: Examples - March 19, 2023
Leave a Reply