If you are planning to reskill yourself or upgrading your skills and looking for different technologies whose professionals are going to be in high demand in 2018, then, here is the list of eight (8) technologies one or more of which can be explored. This list is published by NASSCOM in association with BCG (Boston Consultancy Group)
Technology Trends – 2017/2018
Artificial Intelligence, rightfully, looks to be most searched by people worldwide.
Quick Definitions of Popular Technologies
- Virtual Reality
- Definition: Virtual reality (VR) is a computer technology that uses virtual reality headsets or multi-projected environments, sometimes in combination with physical environments or props, to generate realistic images, sounds and other sensations that simulate a user’s physical presence in a virtual or imaginary environment. Read greater details on Wikipedia Page for Virtual Reality
- Roles: VFX Artist, Computer Vision Engineer
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Definition: Simply speaking, IOT is a technology which connects people, IT systems and things.
- Roles: Embedded System Programmer/Developer, Wireless Network Specialist
- Big Data Analytics
- Definition: Big Data Analytics is about processing large volume of data and doing analytics on them.
- Roles: Data Architect, Data Scientist
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Definition: Artificial intelligence (AI, also machine intelligence, MI) is Intelligence displayed by machines, in contrast with the natural intelligence (NI) displayed by humans and other animals. Read greater details on Wikipedia page for AI
- Roles: AI Research Scientist, Language Processing Specialist
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Definition: Robotic process automation (or RPA) is an emerging form of clerical process automation technology based on the notion of software robots or artificial intelligence (AI) workers. Read greater details on Wikipedia page for RPA
- Roles: RPA Developer, Deployment Engineer
- 3D Printing
- Definition: 3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing (AM), refers to processes used to create a three-dimensional object in which layers of material are formed under computer control to create an object. Read greater details on Wikipedia page for 3D Printing
- Roles: 3D Modelling Engineer, 3D Engineer
- Cloud Computing
- Roles: Cloud Architect, Migration Engineer
- Social & Mobile
- Roles: Digital Marketing Analyst, Android/IOS App Developer
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Python Quick Coding Tutorials for Experienced Developers - February 21, 2018
- How to Get Started with Amazon Polly using AWS CLI - February 20, 2018