The article lists down top bookmarks (pages) which helped me to quickly get started with Spring MVC with Eclipse. Also, presents some key information at a very high level.
- Download Java EE eclipse and configure server for ease of deployment from within Eclipse.
- Create a Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse.
- Drag and drop below mentioned Spring and other libraries into the folder WebContent/WEB-INF/lib. One of the key library along with Spring is common logging library. Without this, server fails to start properly.
- Create following spring configuration files under the WebContent/WEB-INF folder. Go to one of the first two links to understand the content of these XML files.
- Create controllers (Java classes)
- Create a sub-folder with a name such as views/pages/jsp etc under the WebContent/WEB-INF folder. Create view files under this sub-folder.
- Spring framework libraries
- common logging library
- Tomcat server to run the web app
- Top 10+ Mobile / Web App UI Mockup Tools - December 9, 2017
- Top 10 Startups Building Speech-to-text Conversion Solutions - December 8, 2017
- Key eCommerce Job Responsibilities for Back-office Staff - January 29, 2017