This article represents my list of top 10 interview questions which I see people, appearing for technical architect position, find difficult to answer. Although these questions seem to be simpler and subjective, I found candidates finding it difficult to answer. Do check the list below and see if you cracked all of them. Please feel free to comment/suggest if you would want me to include other questions. Sorry for the typos.
Top 10 Interview Questions, Technical Architects Find Difficult to Answer
- Architecture & Design: Questions below are intended to test the candidates understanding on architectural frameworks and their abilities/capabilities to lay down system architecture/design.
- What are 3-4 most common architectural viewpoints/diagrams you would want to draw to set the context of system architecture to the developers/testers?
- Give some examples of architecture and design diagrams? What are some of the key differences?
- Given a set of requirements, how would you go about laying down the system architecture covering different perspectives such as functionality, technologies, data etc.?
- How would you go about exposing web functionalities onto mobile devices taking into account the technologies, architectural/design, code, data changes?
- Code Quality: Questions below are intended to test candidates abilities/capabilities to help team deliver great quality code.
- What are top 5 most common Code Smells that you came across while reviewing the code?
- What are top 5 code refactoring techniques that you suggest developers to keep handy?
- What are top 3-4 programming principles such as DRY you suggest developers to remain aware of?
- What are top 4-5 code quality metrics you want to measure on ongoing basis to keep a tab on code quality?
- Unit Testing: Questions below are intended to check candidates knowledge on unit testing.
- Given a legacy codebase, what could be some of the challenges you could face and, strategies you would adopt to have developers start writing unit tests?
- What is unit test naming strategy that you suggest to the developers?
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Beta Distribution Explained with Python Examples - September 24, 2020
- Bernoulli Distribution Explained with PythonExamples - September 23, 2020
- K-Nearest Neighbors Explained with Python Examples - September 22, 2020