The detailed information could be found on this page. Following are top 5 areas where changes need to be made for migrating from JRockit JVM to HotSpot JVM.
- Tuning garbage collection. One could also access HotSpot GC tuning guide on following page.
- Java runtime options
- Java compilation optimization
- Logging: There are parameters related to verbose logging which needs to be tweaked. Additionally, there are HotSpot logging options including -Xloggc and -XX:<options> which can be used.
- Command line options also need to be tweaked
Following are some of the issues which could arise due to migration. The solutions could be found on following page.
- Performance degradation after migrating to JDK7
- Increased locking/unlocking events observed after switching to HotSpot.
- To Become a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Data Engineer? - August 9, 2022
- Data-centric vs Model-centric AI: Concepts, Examples - August 9, 2022
- Data Science Architect Interview Questions - August 8, 2022