If you have been solution or technical architect, have you ever wondered what would it take for you to become enterprise architect? Have you thought on what is definition of enterprise architect?
Simply speaking, an enterprise architect is a person who is responsible for creating and managing enterprise IT architecture in relation with business capabilities of an organization. One of his sole responsibilities is to ensure the business-IT alignment in a consistent and sustained manner thereby maximizing the ROI on business investments on IT.
What are some of the key activities/tasks undertaken by an enterprise architect?
- AS-IS architecture
- TO-BE architecture
- Gaps Analysis
- Migration Road map
To successfully perform above activities, he may need to have knowledge or experience working with one of the following frameworks:
- Zachman Framework
- TOGAF Framework
He undertakes some of the following activities/tasks to accomplish above mentioned core responsibilities:
- Business process modeling
- Application portfolio analysis
- Transformation initiatives such as SOA transformation
He may have to have skills with some of the following tools:
- Rational System Architect
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- ArchiMate Modeling Framework (Similar to UML)
- When to use Deep Learning vs Machine Learning Models? - January 17, 2021
- Most Common Types of Machine Learning Problems - January 14, 2021
- Historical Dates & Timeline for Deep Learning - January 10, 2021