If you have been solution or technical architect, have you ever wondered what would it take for you to become enterprise architect? Have you thought on what is definition of enterprise architect?
Simply speaking, an enterprise architect is a person who is responsible for creating and managing enterprise IT architecture in relation with business capabilities of an organization. One of his sole responsibilities is to ensure the business-IT alignment in a consistent and sustained manner thereby maximizing the ROI on business investments on IT.
What are some of the key activities/tasks undertaken by an enterprise architect?
- AS-IS architecture
- TO-BE architecture
- Gaps Analysis
- Migration Road map
To successfully perform above activities, he may need to have knowledge or experience working with one of the following frameworks:
- Zachman Framework
- TOGAF Framework
He undertakes some of the following activities/tasks to accomplish above mentioned core responsibilities:
- Business process modeling
- Application portfolio analysis
- Transformation initiatives such as SOA transformation
He may have to have skills with some of the following tools:
- Rational System Architect
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- ArchiMate Modeling Framework (Similar to UML)
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- DevOps Architect Interview Questions & Answers - October 18, 2018
- How to Start DevOps or DevSecOps in your Organization - October 18, 2018
- Data Science Team Structure – Roles & Responsibilities - October 17, 2018