This blog presents solution to the error “Invalid Volume Specification” when executing “docker-compose up” command.
I got the error when the volume specification in docker-compose.yml file looks like following:
Following is how error may look like:
ERROR: for spark-master Cannot create container for service spark-master: Invalid bind mount spec “c:\\Users\\ashukla\\dockers\\spark\\conf\\spark-master:/conf:rw”: Invalid volume specification: ‘c:\Users\ashukla\dockers\spark\conf\spark-master:/conf:rw’ ←[31mERROR←[0m: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
The solution to this is following:
- Save a file named as “.env” in the same folder as docker-compose.yml
- Save the following in “.env” file: COMPOSE_CONVERT_WINDOWS_PATHS = 1
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Google Recaptcha with Angular and Spring App – Example - April 22, 2018
- HTTP 403 Error Solution – Access-Control-Allow-Origin - April 10, 2018
- Selenium Interview Questions and Answers – Set 1 - April 3, 2018