Following are two different ways in which one could load data included with R:
- Load data after loading package
- Load data without loading
The below instructions assumes that you have installed the package prior to loading the datasets available with the package.
Load Data after Loading Package
Following is a simple command set one needs to execute to load data available with different R packages. I shall take GGPlot package example.
- Load the package using command, “require(packageName)”. For example, require(ggplot2)
- Load the data using command, “data(dataSetName)”. For example, data(diamonds)
Once loaded, you could quickly check upon data using command, “head(dataSetName)”. For example, data(diamonds)
Load Data Without Loading Package
With just one command, you could load the dataset without loading the package. Following is the command:
- Load the dataset using data(dataSetName, package=”packageName”). For example, data(diamonds, package=”ggplot2″)
Again, to make sure that data is loaded correctly, use “head” command. For example, head(diamonds)
If you wanted to check upon all the available datasets available from base package as well as other installed packages, use “data()”. It displays all datasets available with base and installed packages.