The article lists down tools & frameworks that are used for mobile app testing at LinkedIn.
- Vows: Vows is a behavior driven development framework for Node.js. It is used to do asynchronous testing with Node.js. The primary feature of the framework is its support for asynchronous testing with Node and, the ability to run concurrent tests. Vows also supports code coverage reporting.
- Robotium: Robotium is an Android test automation framework that has full support for native and hybrid applications. It supports black-box UI tests for android applications. It is used to test native LinkedIn android app.
- Selenium: Selenium is used to automate end-to-end testing with mobile web browsers.
- FoneMonkey: FoneMonkey is used to test LinkedIn iPhone and iPad app.
- GHUnit: GHUnit is used as a unit testing framework for IOS LinkedIn apps.
- JsTestDriver: JsTestDriver is used to run the tests using continuous integration server.
- WebKit Layout and Rendering: WebKit Layout and Rendering framework is used to run Layout tests for mobile apps.
Mobile app testing is automated using CI server, Hudson. Above frameworks are used to perform following different categories of tests with LinkedIn mobile apps:
- Unit tests
- Fixtures tests
- Layout tests
- Automated end-to-end tests