This is a featured post on (Martin Ford), a futurist and author focusing on the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics on society and the economy.
What Martin Ford has been saying / talking about?
Here are some news feeds on Martin Ford which features his thoughts on AI and related topics:
- Who’s enjoying fruits of Innovation: In this article, he pointed out that AI is benefitting business owners, managers and investors more than the average workers. Earlier, workers knowing how to operate machines used to make them valuable enough to help them earn their livelihood. In the current age, machines are becoming autonomous and moving ahead in the direction of substituting the workers.
- Why the rise of the robots won’t mean the end of work: Noting to worry as rise of robots, for sure, won’t mean end of work for the people. Key is to reskill ourselves in related fields. Martin does mention the following, “I do see a future where there certainly is potential for significant unemployment, and even if that doesn’t develop, at a minimum we’re probably going to have underemployment and a continuation of stagnant wages, maybe even declining wages, and probably soaring inequality.”
- A conversation with Martin Ford
Books by Martin Ford
Here is a book by Martin Ford, titled as “Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future”
Twitter Handle, Martin Ford
One can follow Martin Ford on his twitter handle. He is currently tweeting with hashtag as #RiseoftheRobots. Following are some of his recent tweets:
- Its time to solve deep learning productivity problem
- The legal quagmire of creativity in artificial intelligence
- AI to boost efficiency of Solar and Wind
- Japan is embracing nursing-care robots