This page lists down the practice tests / interview questions for Linear (Univariate / Simple Linear) / Multiple (Multilinear / Multivariate) regression in machine learning. Those wanting to test their machine learning knowledge in relation with linear/multi-linear regression would find the test useful enough. The goal for these practice tests is to help you check your knowledge in numeric regression machine learning models from time-to-time. More importantly, when you are preparing for interviews, these practice tests are intended to be handy enough. Those going for freshers / intern interviews in the area of machine learning would also find these practice tests / interview questions to be very helpful.
This test primarily focus on following two concepts related with linear regression models:
- Hypothesis testing (Null hypothesis) vis-a-vis P-value
- T-tests vis-a-vis ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) F-tests
- R-squared vs adjusted R-Squared
Note some of the following in relation with tests:
- Linear association between dependent and independent variables is determined using both T-test and ANOVA F-tests
- Adjusted R-Squared value is used to determine the impact of introducing new independent variable in the regression model. As like R-squared value which increases with addition of new predictor variables, adjusted R-squared value increased only when there is a positive impact or else the value of adjusted R-squared value decreases.
Other tests in this series includes some of the following:
- Linear, Multiple Regression Interview Questions Set 1
- Linear, Multiple Regression Interview Questions Set 2
- Linear, Multiple Regression Interview Questions Set 4
The value of R-squared does not depend upon the data points; Rather it only depends upon the value of parameters
The value of correlation coefficient and coefficient of determination is used to study the strength of relationship in ________
Which of the following tests can be used to determine whether a linear association exists between the dependent and independent variables in a simple linear regression model?
In order to estimate population parameter, the null hypothesis is that the population parameter is ________ to zero?
Which of the following can be used for learning the value of parameters for regression model for population and not just the samples?
The value of R-Squared _________ with addition of every new independent variable?
In order to reject the null hypothesis while estimating population parameter, p-value has to be _______
The value of ____________ may increase or decrease based on whether a predictor variable enhances the model or not
The value of Adjusted R-squared _________ if the predictor variable enhances the model less than what is predicted by chance?
In regression model t-tests, the value of t-test statistics is equal to ___________?
In case you have not scored good enough, it may be good idea to go through basic machine learning concepts in relation with linear / multi-linear regression. Following is the list of some good courses / pages:
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Difference between Machine Learning & Traditional Software - October 30, 2019
- Neural Network Architecture for Text-to-Speech Synthesis - July 29, 2019
- Reverse Image Search using Deep Learning (CNN) - July 27, 2019