Given that both, financial and non-financial businesses are trying to figure out how they could use Blockchain to impact their business in a positive manner, it is becoming imperative for MBA students to learn the basics of Blockchain & related technologies. The following are some of the topics which could be included in the course-curriculum for MBA courses related to Blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Blockchain fundamentals
- Distributed ledger technology (DLT)
- Types of Blockchains (public, private/permissioned)
- Terminologies such as a unit of value, transaction, a block of transaction
- Consensus algorithms
- Authentication mechanisms for permissioned blockchain
- Blockchain platforms such as Ethereum, Hyperledger, Corda, EOS, Multichain etc.
- Smart Contracts
- Cryptocurrency – Bitcoin, Ether & Others
- Hard forks such as Bitcoin Cash
- Cryptocurrency exchanges
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICO)
- Blockchain use cases vis-a-vis business domains
- Non-financial such as supply chain management, counterfeit, real estate (land records) etc.
- Smart cities
Online Blockchain Courses
The following are some good online courses on Blockchain if you want to get started: