Kubernetes supports different kinds of service types such as following:
- ClusterIP: The service of type, ClusterIP, can only be exposed to other services running within the same Kubernetes cluster. The default ServiceType is ClusterIP.
kind: Service apiVersion: v1 metadata: name: hello-service spec: selector: app: HelloApp ports: - protocol: TCP port: 80 targetPort: 9376 nodePort: 30061
- NodePort: The service of type, NodePort, can be exposed externally at a static port. The service address would look like NodeIP:NodePort. External APIs can invoke the NodePort services.
- LoadBalancer: The service of type, LoadBalancer, can be exposed externally using cloud providers’ load balancer.
kind: Service apiVersion: v1 metadata: name: hello-service spec: selector: app: HelloApp ports: - protocol: TCP port: 80 targetPort: 9376 nodePort: 30061 clusterIP: 10.0.171.239 loadBalancerIP: 18.104.22.168 type: LoadBalancer status: loadBalancer: ingress: - ip: 22.214.171.124
- ExternalName: The service of type, ExternalName, is mapped to an external name, such as helloapp.vitalflux.com.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- When to use Deep Learning vs Machine Learning Models? - January 17, 2021
- Most Common Types of Machine Learning Problems - January 14, 2021
- Historical Dates & Timeline for Deep Learning - January 10, 2021