This article represents tips on how to download existing google app engine project including its source code (HTML/JSP files).. Please feel free to comment/suggest if I missed to mention one or more important points. Also, sorry for the typos.
Following are steps that need to be taken:
- Make sure you have JDK installed. Access this page for downloading Java
- Download Google App Engine SDK for Java. The download file could be found on this page.
- Unzip the App engine SDK and go to the bin folder using command prompt.
- Go to your http://appengine.google.com account and get the information such as your app_name and your_app_version.
- On Windows, execute the command as shown below:
<path to appengine-java-sdk>\bin\appcfg.cmd -A <your_app_id>; -V <your_app_version> download_app <output-dir>
- On linux, execute following command:
./appengine-java-sdk/bin/appcfg.sh -A <your_app_id>; -V <your_app_version> download_app <output-dir>
- That is it. Above would open the browser asking you the permission to download and sharing you a code which you would copy and paste at the command prompt.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Beta Distribution Explained with Python Examples - September 24, 2020
- Bernoulli Distribution Explained with PythonExamples - September 23, 2020
- K-Nearest Neighbors Explained with Python Examples - September 22, 2020