In this post, you will get to have bookmarks for ethical AI by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) group. Those starting on the journey of ethical AI would find these bookmarks very useful. ML researchers and data scientists would also want to learn about ethical AI practices to apply them while building and testing the models. The following are some bookmarks on ethical AI considerations by IEEE group:
- The IEEE Global Initiative on Ethics of Autonomous and Intelligent Systems: An initiative by IEEE for setting up new standards and solutions, certifications and codes of conduct, and consensus building for ethical implementation of intelligent technologies to ensure that these technologies are advanced for the benefit of humanity. The primary goal is to ensure that every stakeholder involved in the design and development of autonomous and intelligent systems are educated, trained, and empowered to prioritize ethical considerations. The initiative is comprised of more than one hundred pragmatic recommendations for technologists, policymakers, and academics to utilize right away.
- Ethically Aligned Design: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Well-being with Autonomous and Intelligent Systems
- Ethics in Action
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics in Design Course Program. The following topics are covered as part of this course:
- Responsible Innovation in the Age of AI
- The Economic Advantage of Ethical Design for Business
- Values by Design in the Algorithmic Era
- The Nature of Nudging
- Ensuring Data Protection and Data Safety
Ethical AI Guiding Principles
The primary goals (guiding principles) laid down by IEEE in relation to ethical AI are the following:
- Fairness (Human Rights): Idea is to ensure that AI does not end up infringing on internationally recognized human rights.
- Safety (Well-being): Design considerations should be made keeping in mind the well-being of humans.
- Accountability: AI designers and developers are responsible for considering AI design, development, decision processes, and outcomes.
- Transparency: AI-powered solutions operate in a transparent manner.
- Security (Awareness of misuse): Solutions are secured enough not to be misused.
Who should get involved with Ethical AI
If you are one of the following, you would surely want yourself get up to speed on ethical AI principles:
- Academic Educators
- Corporate Board members and C-level executives
- Government policy makers
- Neural Network & Multi-layer Perceptron Examples - March 21, 2023
- K-Fold Cross Validation – Python Example - March 21, 2023
- Positively Skewed Probability Distributions: Examples - March 21, 2023
Leave a Reply