The interesting thing about bootstrap is that it helps you to get started as quickly as possible with cool looking UIs that can be created out-of-box HTML/CSS code snippets. As a matter of fact of fact, I landed up with Bootstrap after I was searching for some rapid Java UI builder for Eclipse using which I could easily build fancy UIs while focusing on server side coding. This is where Bootstrap fit the bill. Following are other key Eclipse plugins evaluated:
- WindowBuilder Pro
Steps to Get Started with Bootstrap & Eclipse
- Download Bootstrap from http://getbootstrap.com/
- Create a dynamic web project in eclipse. Make sure that this dynamic web project could be run on the server.
- Under WebContent folder, create a bootstrap folder.
- Import files such as following from downloaded Bootstrap resources into the newly created folder, “bootstrap” in step 3.
- css folder consisting of bootstrap.min.css
- js consisting of bootstrap.min.js
- img consisting of images
- Create an index.jsp and put following within <head> tag
<link href=”bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />
- Take a simplistic code snippet such as following from Bootstrap website (http://getbootstrap.com/css/#forms ) and paste it within <body> tag.
<label for=”exampleInputEmail1″>Email address</label>
<input type=”email” class=”form-control” id=”exampleInputEmail1″ placeholder=”Enter email”>
<input type=”password” class=”form-control” id=”exampleInputPassword1″ placeholder=”Password”>
<label for=”exampleInputFile”>File input</label>
<input type=”file” id=”exampleInputFile”>
<p class=”help-block”>Example block-level help text here.</p>
<input type=”checkbox”> Check me out
<button type=”submit” class=”btn btn-default”>Submit</button>
- Check the changes on the server.
- Random Forest vs AdaBoost: Difference, Python Example - December 8, 2023
- Decoding Bagging in Random Forest: Examples - December 8, 2023
- Feature Importance & Random Forest – Sklearn Python Example - December 8, 2023