In this post, you will learn about when to use stateful widgets vs stateless widgets while building a Flutter app.
Use Stateful widgets in case of the following scenarios. Note that the StatefulWidget instances themselves are immutable and store their mutable state either in separate State objects that are created by the createState method.
- When the part of UI which is described using the widget can change dynamically due to some of the following reasons:
- Due to user-interaction
- Due to database updates
- Due to system changes
Use Stateless widgets in case of the following scenarios:
- When the part of UI which is described using the widget depends only on its configuration and the BuildContext in which the widget is inflated.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- GPT Models In-context Learning: Examples - June 5, 2023
- OpenAI GPT-3 Models List: Explained with Examples - June 4, 2023
- Difference between Parametric vs Non-Parametric Models - June 3, 2023
Leave a Reply