This article represents a list of my favourite keyboard short-cuts for Atom IDE. Please feel free to comment/suggest if you thought that one or more short-cuts could be included. Also, sorry for the typos.
Following is the list of my favourite top 10 keyboard short-cuts which I use very frequently when writing the code using ATOM IDE.
- Ctrl + Space: Show available auto-completions. For example, type “ul” and press CTRL + Space bar, and it would print <ul></ul>
- Ctrl + /: Comment a selection.
- Find operations
- Ctrl + p: Toggle file finder. Opens up a dialog box with a textfield which can be used to find/search a file.
- Ctrl + Shift + F: Find the search word in project
- Ctrl + r: Find and go to a function.
- Line operations
- Ctrl + g: Go to line
- Ctrl + Enter: Insert a new line and place a cursor at the beginning of the line.
- Ctrl + shift + d: Duplicate the line
- Ctrl + l: Select line. This is very helpful when you can select multiple lines using Ctrl + l and then do Ctrl + / to comment it all.
- File Operations
- Ctrl + n: Open a new file
- Ctrl + w: Close the file
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Beta Distribution Explained with Python Examples - September 24, 2020
- Bernoulli Distribution Explained with PythonExamples - September 23, 2020
- K-Nearest Neighbors Explained with Python Examples - September 22, 2020