The article presents my opinion on why AngularJS is popularly known as framework with a steep learning curve. After having spent so much time with AngularJS, where I wrote few Angular applications (one of them is http://function-point-analysis.appspot.com), and also deep dived into the AngularJS code, I ended up building a set of opinion on why at all is Angular said to have deep learning curve.
Before going into the details, I must say that off-late both, server-side and UI programmers are found to be digging into the AngularJS land and both of them have consistently echoed about the toughness of land 🙂 at the surface level. Thinking about it, one could come up with different reasons on why AngularJS is hard to dig in for both the classes of developers. Following are some of them:
Why AngularJS seems to have Deep Learning Curve for Server-Side Developers?
- Err…AngularJS is a Dependency Injection based framework?: This presents problem right in the start when the server-side developers start with AngularJS. Some of the questions they struggle to find answer in their mind and elsewhere on webpages are following:
- Okay, how does DI happen? Is it using some configuration file that developers has to write separately or is it done using some sort of annotations?
Why AngularJS seems to have Steep Learning Curve for UI Developers?
- What the hell is this dependency injection? Why do I need it? Again, I am getting my work done with jQuery and some functional programming. Why do I need to care about DI which I have known as a object lifecycle management related framework for my server-side developer friends.
- My goodness, now you are pushing MVC in its totality on me when I am comfortable taking care of “View” part in my existing world and server-side developers worry about Controller (C) and Model (M).
- And, why new directives when I am OK with existing HTML directives & jQuery (thankfully). Why do I need to worry about custom directives provided by Angular and the ones that I could as well write. huh!
- Is jQuery not enough for all that I need? Then, Why learn AngularJS?
Please note that above are some of the comments I came across while talking with server-side and UI developers in addition to my own thoughts.:-) Please feel free to comment/suggest.
Given that above are some of the reasons why developers, in general, find it difficult to get started with AngularJS, following are some pages which represents reasons on “why learn angularjs“.
- 10 reasons why developers should learn AngularJS
- 10 reasons why one should consider adopting AngularJS
- Given you are very familiar with jQuery, why Angular?
- What is AngularJS?
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Most Common Types of Machine Learning Problems - January 14, 2021
- Historical Dates & Timeline for Deep Learning - January 10, 2021
- Machine Learning Techniques for Stock Price Prediction - January 10, 2021