Ethereum is a Blockchain app platform that maintains a secure decentralized generalized transaction ledger and runs smart contracts. Smart contracts are, primarily, apps/programs which run on decentralized network and carry out transactions (manipulate digital unit of value) based on pre-defined contracts. Understanding Ethereum is key for blockchain developers as it has become a shared global infrastructure for moving value around and representing the ownership of property with the help of smart contracts.
In this post, you will get some good URLs/links to pages (or PDFs) on the internet which provides good read/help docs for understanding Ethereum and get started with it in an easy manner.
- Ethereum Website Help Documentation: Provides detailed information on Ethereum. Right from the horses’ mouth
- Mastering Ethereum (Book) on Github: Must-read for Ethereum enthusiasts
- Ethereum Whitepaper by Dr. Gavin Wood – PDF: Deep dive into Ethereum
- Great collection of Ethereum pages on Reddit
- Ethereum presentation from Texas A&M University Faculty – PDF
- Ethereum – State of Knowledge and Research Perspectives (PDF): A paper by Sergei Tikhomirov, University of Luxembourg
- Ethereum Builder’s Guide – Both Web pages and PDF version for read
- Ethereum in Practice – Quick Start Guide
- Step-by-step Beginners Guide on Ethereum: Present good perspective with help of images/videos etc.
- A Programmer’s guide to Ethereum and Serpent – PDF
- Ethereum and Banking use cases: Provides details on banking use cases which could make use of smart contracts.
- Blockchain, Ethereum and business applications – PDF
- Blockchain (Ethereum) Consensus Model: Discusses details on Ethereum consensus model.
- What is Ether?
In this post, you got details in relation to some good reading resources on internet/web for understanding Ethereum.
Did you find this article useful? Do you have any questions about this article or want to suggest further pages for understanding Ethereum? Leave a comment and ask your questions and I shall do my best to address your queries.
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- DevOps Architect Interview Questions & Answers - October 18, 2018
- How to Start DevOps or DevSecOps in your Organization - October 18, 2018
- Data Science Team Structure – Roles & Responsibilities - October 17, 2018