Following are the key points described later in this article:
- What is MEAN Web/Mobile App?
- A Web Application Stack in General
- Sample Web App using JEE (Spring/Hibernate) Framework
- A MEAN Stack Web/Mobile App
What is MEAN Web/Mobile App?
A MEAN Stack based web/mobile app makes use of following technologies:
A Web Application Stack in General
A web application framework is required to fulfil some of the following key objectives:
- One or more user interfaces for end users to interact
- One or more web servers to handle user request/response
- A Web framework to process user request/response
- One or more databases to store the data
Following are key components of any web application framework in general:
- Web Server
- Web application framework
Sample Web App using JEE (Spring/Hibernate) Framework
In Java web application, following are key components and related technologies:
- UI: This is taken care using HTML/CSS with JSP embedded tags to render dynamic data.
- Web/Application Server: The web server handles user requests and sends back the response after being processed using one or more services/components. Example of such app server is Tomcat server.
- Web Framework: There is required a web framework to process the user requests/response. This is where framework such as Spring, Struts and other popular Java web frameworks fit in.
- Database: There are different databases that one could use. For example, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server etc.
Following diagram represents a JEE based web app.
A MEAN Stack Web/Mobile App
A MEAN Web/Mobile app looks like following:
- UI: This is taken care using AngularJS.
- Web Server: This is based on NodeJS.
- Web Framework: This is based on ExpressJS. Mongoose is used to connect to MongoDB database.
- Database: The database is MongoDB.
Following diagram represents MEAN Stack App:
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Google Recaptcha with Angular and Spring App – Example - April 22, 2018
- HTTP 403 Error Solution – Access-Control-Allow-Origin - April 10, 2018
- Selenium Interview Questions and Answers – Set 1 - April 3, 2018