Commands to Automate Building Ionic App Release APK
Copy and paste following commands in a file named as release.bat. When ready to release, execute “release.bat” on the command prompt and you should have an APK file created for releasing it to playstore. Following are key points to be noted:
- Before executing below commands, one would be required to create one-time private key used to sign the APK file. The file is then entered as “private keystore filename” in the commands below. Following could be sample command to create keystore namely, my-release-key.keystore.
keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
- Make a note of “keystore password” which is used to create keystore when executing above command.
- Make a note of how command is executed using “cmd /c”.
- Make a note of “echo password”| jarsigner… command representing the fact that password is automatically sent to command thereby avoiding the user to input password when prompted.
Place following code in a release.bat file in the home directory of Ionic App and, execute “release.bat” from the home directory.
cmd /c cordova build --release android cmd /c echo <keystore password>|jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore <private keystore filename> <path_to_apk_generated_using_cordova_build>gt; <alias name> cmd /c del <apk file to be released to playstore> cmd /c zipalign.exe -v 4 <path_to_apk_generated_using_cordova_build> <apk file to be released to playstore>
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- Is Blockchain a Database? - July 11, 2018
- Blockchain – Opportunities & Risks for Financial Institutions - July 6, 2018
- MongoDB Commands Cheat Sheet for Beginners - July 6, 2018