Code Sample – Draw Histogram and Density Plot
Histrogram and density plot are very useful for examining the spread of a data variable. Following R commands with ggplot package helps in drawing histogram and density plots. As I am explaining with ggplot package, I am using diamonds data which comes with ggplot package. Pay attention to some of the following:
- Draw Histogram: Command “ggplot(data) + geom_histogram(aes(x=variableName))” is used to draw the histogram. One could also provide binwidth as an additional parameter to geom_histogram function
- Draw Density Plot: Command “ggplot(data) + geom_density(aes(x=variableName))” is used to create the density plot.
# Histogram to evaluate the spread of carat data ggplot(diamonds) + geom_histogram(aes(x=carat)) # Density plot to evaluate the spread of carat data ggplot(data=diamonds) + geom_density(aes(x=carat))
- Machine Learning – Training, Validation & Test Data Set - June 13, 2021
- Why use Random Seed in Machine Learning? - June 12, 2021
- Deep Learning – Top 5 Online Jupyter Notebooks Servers - June 11, 2021