Quick Introduction on SpringLoaded
SpringLoaded, a framework published by Spring.io, is a JVM agent for reloading class file changes whilst a JVM is running. It transforms classes at loadtime to make them amenable to later reloading. Read further on this github page. Personally, I have found it very useful as I do not have to build and restart servers for every small changes. In many ways, the framework does what is done by popular JRebel.
Why use SpringLoaded?
- Does not require you to stop and start server after making changes into one or more classes.
- In that way, it acts as a productivity booster as one spends significant time in stopping and starting the server if there are minor changes in the Java classes.
Steps to Configure SpringLoaded
Step 2: Place following as JVM argument in “Run Configuration” as shown in the screenshot below.
That is it. Let me know if it worked for you.
He has also authored the book, Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular.
Latest posts by Ajitesh Kumar (see all)
- 10 Spring Framework Interview Questions for Freshers - February 24, 2018
- Amazon S3 with Spring Boot & Java – Sample Code - February 23, 2018
- Amazon Polly Hello World with Java & Spring Boot - February 23, 2018